This spring, Washingtonians gained a vibrant new source for all of their lifestyle and entertainment news with the launch of District Fray Magazine, the new monthly print and digital publication from local media, social sports and events empire DC Fray.
Led by longtime journalist Monica Alford, serving as editor-in-chief, District Fray Magazine is the keystone of DC Fray’s innovative media arm, which is the evolution of On Tap Magazine. Alford will be supported by a core editorial team that will help readers Make Fun Possible, including sections:
- PLAY: Recreation + pro sports, outdoors, travel
- WORK: Professional life, entrepreneurism, community, thought topics
- LIFE: Health + wellness, fitness, relationships, lifestyle
- EAT: Dining, cooking, local restaurant scene
- DRINK: Local cocktail, wine + beer scene
- CULTURE: Art, performance, style + design
- MUSIC: Local music scene + national artists
“We’ve translated DC Fray’s ‘Make Fun Possible’ mantra into a tangible ethos for the magazine that Washingtonians can rely on to stay in the know about what to do in and around the city through the lens of inclusive, eclectic and objective content,” Alford says.
“Monica is the perfect kind of journalist to bring a magazine like District Fray to life,” adds Robert Kinsler, United Fray Founder & CEO and District Fray Publisher. “Her curiosity, creativity, meticulous attention to detail and extensive knowledge of what makes D.C. tick all add up to a leader and visionary for this publication who I know will help our readers live their best lives and discover their next adventure.”