About this event
In a groundbreaking project that brings art, technology and science together, Life of a Neuron tells the universal story of a human neuron—from pre-birth to death—providing viewers with an experiential view of life at a cellular level.
This immersive, experiential exhibition was created in collaboration with the Society for Neuroscience—a partnership that has empowered artists and scientists to push boundaries, and thanks to 21st-century technology tell the story of our neurons in a way that’s never been done before.
Life of a Neuron invites viewers to question our existence, the universe—and what is next.
Featuring installations from Synthestruct (aka Ginger Leigh), Akiko Yamashita, fuse*, Gil Castro, Maurice Benayoun, Alvaro Cassinelli, and Server Demirtas.
ARTECHOUSE is nation’s first innovative digital art space dedicated to showcasing the work of groundbreaking artists who use technology to create, with locations across the United States in Washington, DC, New York, Miami, and more to come.
Most visits last 45-60 minutes. Your visit will conclude at 60 minutes based on the session time.
What to Bring
- Please bring a valid government-issued photo ID and an electronic copy of your confirmation email. One member of your party must have the credit card used for purchase and a valid photo ID that matches the credit card used.
- Bring a face covering or mask that snugly covers both your nose and mouth. A face covering or mask must be worn inside the art space at all times by both visitors and staff.
- Please note that our onsite operation is cashless, so bring a credit or debit card to make purchases.
- Visitors purchasing alcoholic beverages are required to have a valid government-issued photo ID and attest to being 21+.
What NOT to bring
- We request that you do NOT bring any large objects, daypacks, backpacks or luggage.
- NO food, drinks, chewing gum, illegal substances or weapons are allowed inside the art space.
- We are a smoke free facility, so all types of smoking, including smokeless electronic cigarettes, is strictly prohibited.
- No pets (except trained service animals).
- If you are not feeling well or think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please let us know and we will be happy to rebook you for another time.
Students, Seniors (65+), Military & First Responder – $20
Children (Ages 4 – 15) – $17
Children under 4 enter for free