About this event
On Saturday, September 18, NOVA BOSSA will co-host a one-day cultural festival at La Cosecha celebrating Guatemala’s artisans, in partnership with the Embassy of Guatemala. More than a retailer, the premier lifestyle brand supports cultural diplomacy and Latin American brands that preserve traditions and champion better lives.
- 10am — Alfonso Quiñónez, Ambassador of Guatemala, and Carolina Furukrona, Founder & CEO, NOVA BOSSA, welcome visitors to La Cosecha
- 11am + 3pm — Demonstrations with Chef Karla Alonzo of Nim Ali @ Galería
- Live cooking demonstrations of Guatemalan recipes.
- 10am – 8pm — Culinary pop-up with Chef Karla Alonzo of Nim Ali @ Galería
- Guatemalan dishes available for purchase.
- 9am – 6pm — La Coop Pop-Up Cart
- Roasted coffee from Huehuetenango, Guatemala Highlands. samples and specialty coffee available.
- 10am – 6pm — NOVA BOSSA capsule collection.
- Fashion, home décor, accessories, textiles and pottery from master Guatemalan artisans: Itza Wood, Que Onda Vas, Indigo Custom Textile, Amara Collective, Wayil By Algodones Mayas, Mayan Hands, Maya Lisa, Casa De Artes, Meso Goods.
“Guatemala’s rich tradition of handicrafts dates to pre-Hispanic times and provides economic stability to countless communities. It is a privilege to present these extraordinary products to American audiences while also investing in artisans in a time of great need. I look forward to welcoming everyone to La Cosecha for a full day of celebration.” Carolina Furukrona, Founder & CEO, NOVA BOSSA.
Saturday’s event is part of a month-long celebration at La Cosecha aligned with Hispanic Heritage Month. Beginning this week through October 15, visitors from near and far are invited to authentically connect and engage through a specially programmed series of events and experiences.
About La Cosecha:
A Latin American marketplace and culinary embassy located at Union Market District, La Cosecha is a world-class destination showcasing a curated mix of makers and independently owned businesses, including Arcay Chocolates, ArtTepuy, Café Unido, Elcielo, Grand Cata Wine Bar, La Casita Pupuseria, Las Gemelas, MITA, Mosaico, NOVA BOSSA, Peruvian Brothers, Serenata, Zona E Home and Zumo.
EDENS is a retail real estate owner, operator and developer of a nationally leading portfolio of 110 places. Our purpose is to enrich community through human engagement. We know that when people come together, they feel a part of something bigger than themselves and prosperity follows— economically, socially, culturally and soulfully. EDENS has 250 employees across offices in key markets including Washington, D.C., Boston, Dallas, New York, Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, Houston and Denver. For additional information about the company and its retail real estate portfolio, visit edens.com or follow @WeAreEDENS.