Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024 @ 12:00:am
Georgetown was a thriving, antebellum tobacco port, key to the founding of the nation’s capital, a place of bitter contention during the Civil War, long a site of political scandal and mysterious deaths, as well as a cockpit of Cold War, WW2, and current espionage, even home to several of America’s most influential inventors.
A perfect place for a walking tour of ghosts, scandal, murder, spies, horror, misbehavior and intrigue, bracketed by some of the nation’s finest architecture and bistros!
MEET: Outside the Duke Ellington School of the Arts, on the southeast corner of Reservoir Rd. and 35th St. N.W. DC.
The action-packed itinerary will select from the following persons & events:
• America’s craziest house
• George Washington’s bodyguard, and a presidential murder
• The spy whose schemes killed dozens of CIA operatives
• The first woman to win the Congressional Medal of Honor
• Assassination conspiracies
• Mysterious hideaways for runaway slaves
• The neighborhood’s old Red Light district
• The femme fatale who bedeviled the KGB
• Mysteries of the Old Stone House
Share with friends