About this event
The German themed beer garden’s favorite and largest event of the year will feature four weekends chock-full of German cuisine, live bands, Bavarian games, DJ parties, and of course lots of beer! It will begin Friday, September 17th with the traditional “Tapping of the Keg” with special guests Brigadier General Frank Gräfe, the Embassy of Germany, Theresa Belpulsi, Vice President of Tourism, Sports and Visitor Services at Destination DC, and Mara Brophy, President and CEO of the NoMa Business Improvement District. The annual festival will conclude on Sunday, October 10th.
Café Berlin, a DMV favorite, will anchor Friday nights bringing authentic tastes of German cuisine to Wunder Garten. Mainstays, Swizzler and La Buena Empanadas will offer additional fare to satiate the palette.
The popular Bavarian Olympics returns with stein holding contests and traditional Bavarian games. Guests can compete to win an array of prizes including a 3-hour cabana rental and $100 drink tab. Guest are encouraged to wear traditional German fashions, Lederhosen & Dirndl, for additional chances to win on the spot prizes.
Wunder Garten’s popular Sunday Yappy Hour becomes DOGtoberfest from 12 Noon to 3 PM. Pups are encouraged to dawn their best Oktoberfest costumes for chances to win prizes. Doggie vendors include Kamaji Co. and Brewery Bones will be onsite offering a selection of doggie treats and fashions. DOGtoberfest will also feature live performances from the best of the DMV’s local bands and conclude with our popular Sunday KIKI: The Fräulein Edition, the DMV’s largest LGBTQ+ garden party.
Wunder Garten will produce PRIDEtoberfest in partnership with the Capital Pride Alliance and media partner METRO Weekly. PRIDEtoberfest which will take place Thursday, September 30 and October 7 from 4 PM – 11 PM. PRIDEtoberfest will feature performances by the DMV’s leading drag performers, LGBTQ vendor pop-ups, and artist/maker’s row, games, and entertainment.
- Live Bands | 3 PM – 6 PM
- Tapping of the Keg | 4 PM – 5 PM (Sept. 17 Only)
- Bavarian Olympics | 6 PM – 8 PM
- Lederhosen & Dirndl DJ Party | 8 PM – 12 Midnight Friday nights will be co-hosted with the Embassy of Germany
- Live Bands | 3 PM – 7 PM
- Bavarian Olympics | 5 PM – 7 PM
- Bavarian Nights DJ Party | 8 PM – 12 Midnight
- Dogtoberfest | 12 Noon – 3 PM
- Live Bands | 1 PM – 4 PM
- Sunday Kiki: The Fräulein Edition | 4 PM – 7 PM
- Das ist Trivia | 6 PM – 9 PM
- Beer Talks & Samples with the Experts | 5 PM – 6 PM | A sip and learn event for our Oktoberfest beers.
- To Be Announced
Thursday’s (Sept. 30 & Oct. 7)
- PRIDEtoberfest | 4 PM – 11 PM | In partnership with the Capital Pride Alliance